Monday, April 6, 2009

new do

I finally have a moment to share with you all the silliness that overcame me on my birthday weekend. I can almost blame it on Brandi, but I went willingly to the barber's chair at Rudy's- and we didn't even opt for the tasty bloody mary's in the bar next door!

So here we have the bangs. First time since age 8 maybe?


And here we are highlighting the fact that at least half my hair is gone!

My favorite part was when the (almost certainly gay male) hairdresser said drastically cutting long hair like mine used to make him as nervous as the people in the chair but he would reassure them "it's what's left on your head that matters". In my case that wasn't that much. Well, comparatively.

Unfortunately, this is not a very Nicaragua-friendly do as my bangs like to do very strange and unflattering things by morning. I have resorted to product at home, but hats might needto be pressed into service next week. Luckily I will be needing one for the sun anyway. Bustin out the straw cowboy hat! Yeehaw- sunshine and HEAT!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Erin-
    I'm really enjoying this - what great way to keep in touch with everyone and let us all see the sites along with you! Great trip -huh?

    Love u
    MD

    ReplyDelete